There is no quality assurance problem that gets suppliers in more trouble than Hydrogen Embrittlement (HE). This could easily be the most important 90 minutes of training your company EVER engages in.
It does not matter if you process fasteners that are HE susceptible or not, you probably sell them or handle them somewhere in the supply chain.
It is critical that you have a good understanding of Hydrogen Embrittlement, its causes, its effects and how to prevent and detect it.
- Who in your organization needs to know about HE?
- What is the difference between EHE and IHE and why it matters
- Fundamentals of the HE failure investigation
- What are the classic symptoms of a HE caused failure?
- How to safely process HE susceptible products, and when to say NO.
- What are the HE susceptible products?
- How to communicate with your customers and your suppliers about HE
- Basics of what is known about the HE mechanism
Resources you will take away:
- Case based examination of actual HE failure investigations
- How to arrive a proper root cause, corrective and preventive action
- Specifications and standards that you must have and understand
- Sample Risk Management policies for HE prevention
- Access to IFI resources for understanding and communicating about HE
- Access to the most in-depth and authoritative HE training and technical materials available today
- The latest information on HE research
- What you need to know about plating, baking, testing and certifying
- Q & A with advance questions welcome
Instructor: Carmen Vertullo CFS
- Founder of Carver Consulting, a San Diego-based consulting, engineering and training company specializing in fasteners and bolted joints.
- Experience in fastener quality assurance, manufacturing, sales, and inventory management programs.
- Developed and teaches a series of advanced fastener training courses for the Fastener Training Institute®.
- Holds a BS in Manufacturing Engineering Technology from National University, San Diego, CA.
Date: Friday, July 13, 2018
Time: 11:00 a.m. PDT
Single Participant: $125.00
Multiple attendees: $225.00 Registrants for multiple attendees will receive a video/audio replay of the webinar accessible for 1 week.
Please contact Jo Morris for details on discounts and subscription package JoM@FastenerTraining.com or
562.473.5373 x 104
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be made no later than July 12, 2018.
Cancellations must be made with Jo Morris. Cancelling registration with GoToWebinar does not cancel class registration. Thank you.
The Fastener Training Institute reserves the right to change instructors or cancel seminars and cannot be held responsible for costs incurred other than the registration fee.