Friday, March 18, 2016
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Pacific
12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Mountain
1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Central
2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Eastern
FIGHTING CORROSION IN FASTENING
Corrosion, and strategies to combat it, cost billions of dollars every year.
Industrial, transportation, construction, marine and military fastening application all have specific solutions to the corrosion problem.
This webinar will explore the various approaches to corrosion prevention in each of these areas.
We will cover:
• Who uses what solutions and why
• When to use what kinds of corrosion resistant materials
• Understanding the various stainless steel fastener specifications
• When is plating the appropriate strategy – and when is it not
• What is the latest information on plating and coating specifications
• Dips spin coatings –their strengths and limitations
• Non-ferrous corrosion resistant fastener materials
• Rating fastener materials and coatings for corrosion resistance
• How to properly and safely advise your customers on materials and coatings for corrosion resistance
• What gets us into trouble when it comes to corrosion
• What to do when a NACE certification is asked for
This is a non-technical presentation and is appropriate for all levels.
Seasoned fastener professionals will benefit from gaining knowledge on the latest trends standards and those new to the industry will gain much needed insight into one of the most important but misunderstood areas of fastener applications technology.
Instructor: Carmen Vertullo CFS
Click here to register
Single Participant: $125.00.
Multiple attendees from one location: $225.00 – This price includes access to video for webinar playback.
Please contact Jo Morris for details on discounts and subscription package JoM@FastenerTraining.com or
562.473.5373 x 104
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be made no later than March 17, 2016.
Cancellations must be made with Jo Morris. Cancelling registration with GoToWebinar does not cancel class registration. Thank you.
The Fastener Training Institute reserves the right to change instructors or cancel seminars and cannot be held responsible for costs incurred other than the registration fee.