Part of FTI’s advanced continuing education fastener program, Automotive Fastener Technology was created to provide a better understanding of automotive fasteners for fastener manufacturers, service providers, tier suppliers and OEMs. This two-day training emphasizes a hands-on approach along with in-depth technical content. Click here to register
Instructors Salim Brahimi and Laurence Claus will be joined by Brian Lowry of Curtis Metal Finishing Company who will provide information on coatings and surface finishing.
Automotive Fastener Technology Advanced is an elective course in the Certified Fastener Specialist2.0 (CFS2.0) curriculum. This class will employ Problem Based Learning methods of teaching where students will work in teams to solve open-ended problems related to fasteners. This class is very hands on and designed to challenge students to use core knowledge.
Click Here to see an overview of the course content.
Automotive Fastener Technology will include classroom instruction along with tours of both a heat treating facility and a coating/surface finishing facility.
Facilities to be toured:
Out of professional respect for these volunteer hosts, please understand that representatives of some companies may not be permitted to tour some of the facilities. Also, due to certain federal government regulations, some companies cannot allow non-U.S. citizens to enter their facilities.
Who should attend:
The registration fee includes:
8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. each day.
Classroom instruction will be conducted at the Embassy Suites Troy/Auburn Hills, 850 Tower Drive, Troy MI 48098.
Seminar attendees needing a hotel room are responsible for their own reservations. Please contact the Embassy Suites Troy/Auburn Hills, 850 Tower Drive, Troy MI 48098 at 248-879-7500. Ask for the ‘Automotive Fastener Technology’ special rate of $140 per night plus tax. This rate includes a complimentary cook-to-order breakfast and is guaranteed until April 9.
• Director of Engineering Technology for the Industrial Fasteners Institute (IFI)& President of IBECA Technologies
• More than 25 years of experience in the fastener industry (metallurgist, process engineer and director of quality and engineering)
• Current chair of ASTM Committee F16 (fasteners)
• Vice chair of RCSC
• Member of the SAE Fastener Committee
• Recipient of the Fred F. Weingruber award by ASTM Committee F16 for outstanding contributions to the development of fastener standards, especially in the area of hydrogen embrittlement.
• President of NNi Training and Consulting, Inc., a consultancy company serving fastener manufacturers, distributors, and automotive suppliers.
• More than 25 years of fastener industry experience: automotive, aerospace, industrial.
• Degreed mechanical engineer.
• Participates in technical standards activity with IFI, SAE, ISO, ASME, ASTM, and NASC.
• Certified Six Sigma Black Belt.
Registration fees are per person for the two-day training. Click here to register
Paid by April 10: First person per company $1099, additional attendee from the same company $899. Discounts are available to members of endorsing fastener associations. Please contact FTI for details: info@FastenerTraining.org or 562-473-5373.
Paid after April 10: Add $200 per person.
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be made no later than April 14 and are subject to a $100 processing fee.
* If taken in conjunction with Advanced Understanding Hydrogen Embrittlement: tuition is $2599 for both classes.
All no-shows will be invoiced for full registration fees.
The Fastener Training Institute reserves the right to change instructors or cancel seminars and cannot be held responsible for costs incurred other than the registration fee.
To be invoiced for this event please call the FTI office at 562-473-5373.