Part of FTI’s advanced continuing education fastener program, Automotive Fastener Technology was created to provide a better understanding of automotive fasteners for fastener manufacturers, service providers, tier suppliers and OEMs. This two-day training emphasizes a hands-on approach along with in-depth technical content.
Automotive Fastener Technology Advanced is an elective course in the Certified Fastener Specialist2.0 (CFS2.0) curriculum. This class will employ Problem Based Learning methods of teaching where students will work in teams to solve open-ended problems related to fasteners. This class is very hands on and designed to challenge students to use core knowledge.
Click Here to see an overview of the course content.
Automotive Fastener Technology will include classroom instruction along with tours of both a heat treating facility and a coating/surface finishing facility.
Facilities to be toured:
Out of professional respect for these volunteer hosts, please understand that representatives of some companies may not be permitted to tour some of the facilities. Also, due to certain federal government regulations, some companies cannot allow non-U.S. citizens to enter their facilities.
Who should attend:
The registration fee includes:
8:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. each day.
Classroom instruction will be conducted at EJOT Fastening Systems, 48679 Alpha Drive, Suite 110, Wixom, MI 48393 LINK TO GOOGLE MAP
Seminar attendees are responsible for their own hotel reservations. The Hampton Inn has offered a rate of $119/night. Call 248-348-0170 and mention the Fastener Training room block or REGISTER ONLINE. Address: 49025 Alpha Drive, Wixom, MI 48393.
• Director of Engineering Technology for the Industrial Fasteners Institute (IFI)& President of IBECA Technologies
• More than 25 years of experience in the fastener industry (metallurgist, process engineer and director of quality and engineering)
• Current chair of ASTM Committee F16 (fasteners)
• Vice chair of RCSC
• Member of the SAE Fastener Committee
• Recipient of the Fred F. Weingruber award by ASTM Committee F16 for outstanding contributions to the development of fastener standards, especially in the area of hydrogen embrittlement.
• President of NNi Training and Consulting, Inc., a consultancy company serving fastener manufacturers, distributors, and automotive suppliers.
• More than 25 years of fastener industry experience: automotive, aerospace, industrial.
• Degreed mechanical engineer.
• Participates in technical standards activity with IFI, SAE, ISO, ASME, ASTM, and NASC.
• Certified Six Sigma Black Belt.
Registration fees are per person for the two-day training.
Discounts are available to members of endorsing fastener associations. First person per company $899, each additional attendee from the same company $699
Paid after April 20: Add $200 per person.
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be made no later than April 16 and are subject to a $100 processing fee.
* If taken in conjunction with Advanced Understanding Hydrogen Embrittlement: tuition is $2599 for both classes. $2199 with association discount.
All no-shows will be invoiced for full registration fees.
The Fastener Training Institute reserves the right to change instructors or cancel seminars and cannot be held responsible for costs incurred other than the registration fee.
To be invoiced for this event please call the FTI office at 562-473-5373.