*This webinar was originally scheduled for December 22. If you signed up for that class, you are already registered for this one and do not need to re-register.
Ah, the lowly Sheet Metal Screw – not even a proper term for this most ubiquitous fastener in all of assemblydom!
If you are a fastener nerd, then you know the proper term is “Tapping Screw”, but what else do you know – or not know – about holding sheet metal together with screws?
In this webinar we will explore the ins and outs of sheet metal screws, and there is more to know about sheet metal screws than you may think.
• Specifications – ASME B18.6.3 – where most tapping screws are born
• IFI 112 – Self Drilling Screws
• Metric Sheet Metal Screws
• Standard Thread Forms
• Proprietary Thread Forms
• Spaced Threads vs. Machine Screw Threads
• Point Styles
• Thread Cutting vs. Thread Forming
• Materials – there’s more to steel and stainless
• Coatings and Platings
• Drives and Drivers
• Head Styles and Special Features
• Applications – when to use what kind of screw – and when not to
• Troubleshooting Sheet Metal Screw problems and failures
• Testing Sheet Metal Screws – anybody can do it!
• Installation Tips and Tricks
• Special Bonus – a few things to know about Wood Screws and Drywall Screws
This is a technical presentation, but very appropriate for all levels of experience in the fastener industry.
Instructor: Carmen Vertullo CFS
Date: Friday, January 12, 2018
Time: 11:00 a.m. PDT
Multiple attendees: $225.00 Registrants for multiple attendees will receive a video/audio replay of the webinar accessible for 1 week.
Please contact Jo Morris for details on discounts and subscription package JoM@FastenerTraining.com or
562.473.5373 x 104
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be made no later than December 14, 2017.
Cancellations must be made with Jo Morris. Cancelling registration with GoToWebinar does not cancel class registration. Thank you.
The Fastener Training Institute reserves the right to change instructors or cancel seminars and cannot be held responsible for costs incurred other than the registration fee.