Inspecting Fastener Threads
Sponsored by:Greenslade & Company
Of all the features that we have to inspect on fasteners, threads are by far the most confusing and generate the most rejections.
In this webinar you will learn the basics and beyond of measuring inch and metric threads, internal and external.
• How to inspect threads In accordance with the proper specifications
• Thread classification systems – Commercial, Aerospace and Metric
• The different types of thread measuring gages and how to use them
• How to select the approved gages from the specification
• Where thread dimensions come from
• What are the most common causes of thread rejections and how to prevent them
• How to determine and measure thread length
• What to do when thread nicks are a problem
• When to use fixed limit gages and when to use indicating gages
• What must you inspect and what should you inspect –how many and how often
• What are best-fit wires and when they come in handy
• Inspecting Spaced Threads and Tri-Lobular threads
• Thread Gage Classifications – when to use what and what to use it for
• What to do when your gage accepts the thread but your customer’s gage rejects it
• Controlling thread dimensions when coatings are involved
• How to properly cite thread specifications on drawings, certifications and inspection reports
• Pitfalls to avoid when specifying a thread for your fastener
• Cut threads vs rolled threads – what do the spec say?
• What every fastener professional must know about thread inspection
• Making the best use of IFI technical resources for thread inspection
This is a technical webinar and some fastener background will be helpful, but not necessary.
It is geared towards Distributors, Manufacturers, Designers, and Users of threaded fasteners
It is appropriate for all levels of quality personnel, especially those involved in dimensional inspection.
Management, sales and purchasing professional will benefit from knowing what gets us in trouble and how to interface with customers and suppliers when a thread acceptability issue arises.
Date: Friday, October 21, 2016
Time: 11:00 a.m. PDT
Multiple attendees: $225.00 Registrants for multiple attendees will receive a video/audio replay of the webinar accessible for 36 hours
Please contact Jo Morris for details on discounts and subscription package JoM@FastenerTraining.com or
562.473.5373 x 104
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be made no later than October 20, 2016.
Cancellations must be made with Jo Morris. Cancelling registration with GoToWebinar does not cancel class registration. Thank you.
The Fastener Training Institute reserves the right to change instructors or cancel seminars and cannot be held responsible for costs incurred other than the registration fee.