Measuring Fastener Dimensional Features – Other than threads
You might think that threads are the only fastener features that require special gaging to inspect –
Well, you would be wrong.
This webinar will demonstrate the standard and special gages used to measure those other fastener features.
Topics covered will include:
• Using inch and metric fastener standards to determine feature size and tolerance
• Screw recess inspection – Phillips, hex socket, slot and type VI
• Long bolt straightness check
• With across flats and width across corners of hex products
• Measuring fall away – internal and external
• Bearing surface perpendicularity
• Run out
• Fillet radius inspection
• Thread length (grip actually) measurement
• Head Height
• Head angle of flat head screws
• Set screw point inspection
• Surface finish inspection
• Dowel Pin inspection methods
• Close tolerance inspection strategies
• State of the art inspection technology
You will see live demonstration of the use of various fastener standard gages and special gages such as:
• Calipers, micrometers and height gage
• Optical Comparator
• Recess penetration gage
• Wobble gage
• Straightness gage
• Surface finish comparator
• Head Height Gage
Fastener Dimensional Standards presented will include:
• ASME B18.3 – Socket Head Cap Screws
• ASME B18.6.3 – Machine Screws and Tapping Screws
• ASME B18.2.1 – Hex Bolts and Hex Cap Screws
• ASME B18.2.2 – Nuts
• ASME B18.21.1 – Washers
• ASME B18.18 – Inspection Sampling Plans
• ISO 4014 – Hexagon Head Bolts
This is a technical webinar, but the concepts are presented in a basic manner. Anyone involved in the inspection, sales or purchasing of fastener will benefit from this presentation. If you have a copy of the IFI 9th edition Inch Fastener Standards book it would be good to have it out during the webinar. This webinar will focus on Inch Fastener Standards, as the concepts are the same for metric standards, but some metric standards will be presented as well.
Date: Friday, November 18, 2016
Time: 11:00 a.m. PDT
Multiple attendees: $225.00 Registrants for multiple attendees will receive a video/audio replay of the webinar accessible for 36 hours
Please contact Jo Morris for details on discounts and subscription package JoM@FastenerTraining.com or
562.473.5373 x 104
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be made no later than November 17, 2016.
Cancellations must be made with Jo Morris. Cancelling registration with GoToWebinar does not cancel class registration. Thank you.
The Fastener Training Institute reserves the right to change instructors or cancel seminars and cannot be held responsible for costs incurred other than the registration fee.