The Fastener Training Institute® is proud to announce their class on Hydrogen Embrittlement will now be presented in a webinar. The instructor is Carmen Vertullo; this webinar will be September 18, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. PST. Click here to register
There is no quality assurance problem that gets suppliers in more trouble than Hydrogen Embrittlement (HE).
It does not matter if you process fasteners that are HE susceptible or not, you probably sell them or handle them somewhere in the supply chain.
It is critical that you have a good understanding of Hydrogen Embrittlement, its causes, its effects and how to prevent and detect it.
This 90 minute webinar will arm you with the tools you need to avoid the HE land mines that await you, and more importantly, keep you from laying your own.
You will learn:
• Who in your organization needs to know about HE?
• What is the difference between EHE and IHE and why it matters
• Fundamentals of the HE failure investigation
• What are the classic symptoms of a HE caused failure?
• How to safely process HE susceptible products, and when to say NO.
• What are the HE susceptible products?
• How to communicate with your customers and your suppliers about HE
• Basics of what is known about the HE mechanism
Resources you will take away:
• Case based examination of actual HE failure investigations
• How to arrive a proper root cause, corrective and preventive action
• Specifications and standards that you must have and understand
• Sample Risk Management policies for HE prevention
• Access to IFI resources for understanding and communicating about HE
• Access to the most in-depth and authoritative HE training and technical materials available today
• The latest information on HE research
• What you need to know about plating, baking, testing and certifying
• Q & A with advance questions welcome
This could easily be the most important 90 minutes of training your company EVER engages in.