This is a common question when fastener suppliers and end users find themselves needing to get a quote for a special part.
A professionally prepared drawing will help you get your part quoted faster and ensure it comes out right the first time.
The ability to provide your customer – and your vendor – with a good drawing is the key to profitability with special parts.
This webinar will help you tune up your fastener drawing skills and get you into the game if you have none.
Here’ a few things you will learn:
• When do I need a drawing?
• What is the difference between a drawing and a specification and how do they relate?
• Can or should I make my own drawings?
• The fundamentals of print reading.
• What is the essential information needed on every drawing?
• What information should not be on the drawing?
• What are some things that distinguish a good drawing from a bad drawing?
• How do computer solid models help and what else are they good for?
• Should I develop in-house capability for generating fastener drawings, and how to?
• How can I get a good drawing fast if I have no in-house capability?
• What information can I get from a sample part to help with the drawing?
• What essential information can I NOT get from the sample ?
• How are tolerances determined?
• What are the things we put on drawings that unnecessarily drive up costs?
• What are some ways to bring part costs down
• What makes a drawing difficult, or undesirable for the manufacture to quote?
• When is engineering needed?
• What applications questions should be asked and what
This could easily be the most profitable 90 minutes of training you ever take!
Date: Friday, November 20, 2015
11:00 a.m. Pacific
12:00 p.m. Mountain
1:00 p.m. Central
2:00 p.m. Eastern
Instructor: Carmen Vertullo CFS
Click here to register
Single sign-in: $99.00. Additional sign-ins from same domain name: $49.00.
Single sign-in with multiple attendees: $199.00.
10 single sign-ins with same domain name: $399.00.
Please contact Jo Morris at JoM@FastenerTraining.com or
562.473.5373 x 104 for more information.
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be made no later than November 19.
Cancellations must be made with Jo Morris. Cancelling registration with GoToWebinar does not cancel class registration. Thank you.
The Fastener Training Institute reserves the right to change instructors or cancel seminars and cannot be held responsible for costs incurred other than the registration fee.